Unable to unzip files

Any comments, questions or ideas about Multi Track audio files

Moderators: Rachel @ SG, ClausU

Unable to unzip files

Postby gmurf » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi There, Can someone help with the below please?

I downloaded a song with the separate tracks and I'm unable to un zip the file in order to load them into the multi tracker... The message I'm getting is "enter password for the encypted file" where do I get this password??

Many Thanks
gmurf

Re: Unable to unzip files

Postby admin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi gmurf, sorry for our delay in checking the forum recently. Hopefully you got the answer by e-mail already, but just in case.. There is no password. When you unzip, please don't select "Open". After unzipping, go into Multi Tracker and click File - Load to open a song.
SG Team
admin
Site Admin

Postby troymuss » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:27 am

I have the same problem , and the only option in the multitracker software is to open. So im extracting the downloaded mtf file with 7zip it asks for password ,if i ignore it extracts with nothing in the folder. I go to multitracker go to file click option open file (only option available) go to my folder where extracted and theres nothing to open.
troymuss

Postby troymuss » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:37 am

ok ive figured it out, you don't extract the downloaded demo, it seems to extract in the multitrack software. So you go to file, open song, and search for the downloaded mtf track and it extracts in the software.. sorry this wasnt really very clear as the demo video says to extract the mtf file ?
troymuss

Postby Rachel @ SG » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:01 am

Hi Troy,
Thanks for joining us and I'm glad you've got it sussed out. Sorry it's unclear in the video, the MTF files were previously delivered inside Zip files, but this is no longer the case. So yes, we need to update the video!
Rachel

SG Team
----
If you would like direct help with a question about our products, please send me a Private Message and I will try to answer your query asap.
Find out the latest news from SongGalaxy at my Twitter page: http://twitter.com/SongGalaxyRach
Rachel @ SG

Return to Audio Multi Tracks